Whip up a batch (or three) of StarKist Tuna Creations Hot Buffalo Sweet Potato Toast for the next game of get-together, and kick up the fun a notch or two!
Hot Buffalo Sweet Potato Toast
2 pouches (2.6 oz. each) Tuna Creations® BOLD, Hot Buffalo Style
1 sweet potato sliced into ¼ inch slices (short end)
2 Tbsp. dice red onion
1 Tbsp. chopped scallion (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. (This works best with small round slices)
- Spray cookie sheet lightly with cooking spray
- Slice sweet potato into ¼ inch slices (Lengthwise or small rounds) and place on cookie sheet.
- Place in oven and bake until browned. Flip slices and brown on the other side. (If not browned, turn on broiler and broil for 2 – 3 minutes on each side)
- Meanwhile, place Tuna Creations in a small bowl and mix in diced onion.
- Place sweet potato rounds on a platter. Top with 1 Tbsp. tuna mixture and garnish with chopped scallions if desired.
Makes: 16 small sweet potato rounds or 8 large slices
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes (in oven)
Alternate cooking directions:
If making lengthwise sweet potato toasts, cut into ¼ inch slices and place it toaster. Toast until browned on both sides. This may take a couple of rotations in the toaster. Place on platter and top with 2 – 3 Tbsp. tuna mixture.
StarKist Tuna Creations are featured in the Rooney Party of 4 Fall Gift Guide.
Recipe by Candace Cameron Bure. Product provided by StarKist.